November 1, 2016
Top 6 Benefits of Microsoft OMS
While the benefits of hybrid cloud are intriguing, they also create new IT management challenges. Every device, every operating system and every user action generates machine data with latent value that can be used for IT strategic planning and gaining operational insight. First, however, IT administrators must figure out how to collect, manage and consume the data.
Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), in particular, Log Analytics, enables operations teams to collect and analyze machine data from virtually any source – regardless of volume, format or location. This enables customers to analyze and manipulate all their data, whether located in datacenters, the public cloud, physical or virtual. Log Analytics can consume the data and provide a single, intuitive and powerful experience, making it easy for system administrators to quickly realize operational value.
Here are the top 6 benefits of Microsoft OMS:
- A single toolset for comprehensive monitoring of all your workloads across your datacenter and cloud infrastructures
- Powerful log management tools collect, combine, correlate and visualize all your machine data sources from multiple systems into a single data store
- Best-practice workload configuration helps your IT staff proactively avoid and resolve problems associated with server configuration issues
- Deep visibility into your datacenter capacity to pinpoint capacity shortages, investigate “what-if” scenarios, identify stale and over-allocated VMs, and plan your future compute and storage needs
- Change tracking to identify configuration changes in your environment that can help uncover operational issues
- Best-of-breed Windows monitoring and robust cross-platform support (including Linux) from a single console
To learn more about how organizations like yours are taking advantage of OMS, I will be conducting a free webinar on December 14th.